By Rock Mayock 10:00 a.m. | Another two weeks or so have passed since our last roll call. Without further ado, here are the happenings in the world around us.
- Jaboner Jackson is still missing in action Chuck Norris style in the jungles of Brazil. Cousin Felipe has been dispatched to find our resident NFL stadium financing guru. Although Cousin Felipe was side tracked in San Diego for Comic-Con 2012 on his way to Rio he has assured me that he has some good leads on Jaboner’s whereabouts.
- All time tennis great Roger Federer captured his 7th Wimbledon Champion and 17th overall Grand Slam championship. Read about our man crush on Federer here.
- The 2012/2013 bowl schedule was released. For those of your who are in the mood to lose money, the Oracle of Mayock also released his pre-season favorites to win the BCS Championship.
- The PhDs broke down the upcoming launch of the Pac-12 Network. You can either read the full write up here or catch the Reader’s Digest version here. Reader’s Digest version says that unless you have Bright House Networks, ComCast Cable, Cox Cable of Time Warner Cable you’re S.O.L.
- The PhDs also continued to break down the Cal Memorial Stadium financing debacle in excruciating detail. You can read Part 3 here.
- In non-FOOTBALLPHDS covered news, the Penn St. commissioned Freeh Report was released last week. To describe the report as scathing is an understatement. Yahoo!News did a very good piece on the impact of the Freeh Report and the possibility of either NCAA or DOE issued “death penalty” for the university.
- The NFL franchise tag deadline came and went. For a full run down of who go signed, who got tagged and who got shafted you can read all about it here.
- Our intrepid HR Manager Rochelle M. laid the smack down on the FOOTBALLPHDS’ staff by issuing a strict dress code. Moral of the story, don’t get on Rochelle’s shit list.
- Speaking of HR activity, Rochelle hired personal trainer Brittany Lauren to whip the PhDs’ collective asses into shape. Get to know Brittany Lauren here.
- The 2012 Reebox CrossFit Games took place at the Home Depot Center last weekend. Apparently Rich Froning has been listening to motivational speeches because he killed the WODs like a true champion.
- Speaking of WOD killers, check out this blog post from Jonathan Maseng at LA Weekly questioning the methodology of the FOOTBALLPHDS’ box of preference, CrossFit Mean Streets.
It’s been a busy two weeks. So busy the your man Rock Mayock will be shutting things down this weekend to recharge at the Turnberry Towers condo in Vegas. We’ll be back on Monday to bring more LA spin on the NFL and NCAA.